Friday, December 12, 2008

OMW - Birthday Memories

My 21st birthday currently holds the place of "favourite" for me. Not because I was of "legal age" or any such thing, but rather because it was small, in a very special place, and with very good friends. I invited some of my then closest friends to come out to our favourite spot in the woods with me and roast hotdogs and marshmallows. Two of the girls had no clue what they were doing and I got to teach them how to cook pigs in blankets on a stick. One of the other girls was a very dear friend who declared that night that she was "adopting" me and we were now sisters. The closeness of friends huddled around a campfire in the early spring cold is a feeling I always love, and that particular time will always be treasured.

1 comment:

Alice Renee S. said...

Ah, I've had many friends who were adoptees. 'S nice.